People UGH!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My niece just posted on Facebook that she is upset and really worried about a goldfish that she has in her backyard pond. the poor thing is ill and they are trying everything they can think of to help it get better. She asked if she was weird for being upset about a sick fish. I told NO! Your fish is part of your family. You do what you need to help the little thing to be healthy. Some of her friends just don't understand. By the way, this wonderful niece is a zookeeper in Salt Lake City. I am so proud of her!

Er! I'm having the same problem with my dad. He wants to go away for the weekend. and I keep saying to him I have to feed Benny twice a day cause he eats all his food. and he said " why dont you just put a lot of food and hay down he will be okay." and I didn;t know what to say. Benny is too new to be chin sat. I can't even spend 8 hours at school without texting my boyfriend asking him how benny is doing if he has enough food and water even though i make sure he has all that before i leave for school.

people are soo ignorant ! I'm sorry i'm 20 and my kid is a chinchilla it sure is better than having a human baby like so many other people i know.

end of my rant...

My niece just posted on Facebook that she is upset and really worried about a goldfish that she has in her backyard pond. the poor thing is ill and they are trying everything they can think of to help it get better. She asked if she was weird for being upset about a sick fish. I told NO! Your fish is part of your family. You do what you need to help the little thing to be healthy. Some of her friends just don't understand. By the way, this wonderful niece is a zookeeper in Salt Lake City. I am so proud of her!

I agree with you there is nothing wrong with being upset about a fish! as you said the fish is family. All it is saying about her is that she has a heart! and there is nothing wrong with that! I have funerals for my fish and bury them in my back yard like i would do with any other animal.

whenever any of my fish get sick i make dang well sure to get the right medication for the issue, and i baby that fish until it is 100% better. about a year ago i had my paratilapia polleni (black diamond cichlid) get so sick he was floating sideways at the top of the tank. thought for sure i would lose him! but after a week of meds (which cost a pretty penny) and an additional week of monitoring in his hospital tank, he was back to good. thank goodness! if he would have passed away i would have been chipping at the frozen ground and had a burial service.

all of my pets, whether they be furred or finned, get equal amounts of respect. heck, if i have somebody over and they comment on how good my oscar (11 inch long fish) would taste, that person is not welcome in my home any more!

This bothers me too! Luckily, nobody in my family seems to feel this way.

I don't know about you guys, but something else that bothers me is when I tell people I have a chinchilla, and they gush about how soft chinchillas are...and then say they would like to turn my chinchilla into a coat. Even when it is said in jest, that bothers me! I don't know if it is overprotective mommy in me, or if it is reasonable. I just don't want to think about the hundred and something chins it takes to make such ridiculous things, and certainly don't want to think of my baby like that. I feel it's along the same lines of the vet care thing, I wouldn't ask to turn your kid into a coat joking or not, so what the heck?!

Latest posts

Back