Peeing on bed

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Onutza

Hello! In the past here I found the answer to my problem with your help. I hope now you can be as kind and help me ... if you know. For about 2 months my chinchilla stay free in the room. For some time he started to pee on my pillow and now all over the bed! :wacko: Starts to become frustrating to wash pillows and duvets every day, what can I do? :facepalm: Thank you!

Don't let your chin free roam. Get a very large chin-safe cage (no plastic) and only let your chin out for supervised playtime in a room where there isn't anything that they can damage or get into or pee on that would cause a problem.

Yes I have to agree the only way to stop the problem is to eliminate access to the bed.

Chins are not good free roam pets. They can't be trained in the way other pets can. I should know as one of my chins was free roaming for a year in the chin room and could not be trained to pee in a box while roaming. They like peeing on blankets because it absorbs lol
I got her two double Ferret nation cages and put them together. Now she uses her litter pan.

Chins shouldn't free roam because they chew and eat everything: carpet, skirtingboards, plasterboard, wires, cables, plastic.... anything and everything. All these things are very dangerous if ingested.

A chin really does need a cage to be safe in a house. You are not doing your pet a favour by giving it so much freedom.

It's an exotic animal not a dog or cat. It's going to pee where ever it wants or hangs out the most. If you don't want it peeing on the bed make sure it can't get there. It will probably then pee on your floor instead.

For a while after I swapped her cage around, my chin was peeing in her hay area because that's where she decided to have her new spot. It's easier to make changes to stop the problem behavior happening in the first place that to try and change the chinchilla

Back