pee?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

popelo41

My chinchilla (male) peed on me.This was a few days ago but I have not had the time to post a new question.I did not scare him or anything, I was just sitting down, it was playtime, and he was jumping and running around as usual and sitting on me.So he was sitting on me and he peed on me like while sitting not standing and I wanted to know if I should be worried. Is it normal, nothing or is it a sign of stress? Lately sometimes(not all the time) he had been peeing in his dust bath, I read somewhere that chin's sometimes do that but for 3 days straight he kept peeing on it

I don't think it sounds concerning, personally. I've had chinchillas that are very neat and tidy, and will only pee in one spot. I've had some that even avoid peeing on ledges. And then others, will just go anywhere at any time, and don't really care. It just depends on the chin.

Oh the number of times I've been peed on...that said, as long as he acted "normal" before and after urination...I wouldn't worry one bit :) chins aren't people, and even some people (especially young ones) pee on people! LOL on a serious note though, if he acted "off" before, during or after urination it could be cause for concern but I doubt it's anything to worry about

Latest posts

Back