Pee spot/potty

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

muzzyj

ChinParent
:banghead:What should I use for a potty. I want to train pepper to pee in one spot, but first I need to figure out what the heck I should get to have her pee in

A glass pyrex dish filled w/ shavings. You can get them at Wal-Mart in the kitchen aisle for @ $5.

i use a low sided metal mixing bowl for Rhino, that is just about big enough for two chins to sit side by side in, and only fill it about 1/3 with kiln dried pine shavings, just in case he should get frisky enough to tip it over (hasn't happened yet).

I second the rectangular glass pyrex dish with shavings! Works like a charm. ;)

Is it normal for then to eat the shavings? Pepper has pine shaving in her potty and shes eating it

my Rhino must be an oddball then. in addition to not making a mess with his pellets or hay, he never eats shavings or messes up his litter pan, and at most i see half a dozen shavings on the floor of his cage, just from being tracked out after he goes pee.

i lucked out with a borderline OCD chin! :rofl:

I have to tidy up daily...now its pellets, poop, and hay, and on occasion she'll throw a toy out as well

Back