passed my OSHA class today!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chinchillalover0927

to many chin chips??
I'm pretty excited. I have been trying to get a new job at the Exxon refinery in Louisiana by me and so far it was going good until it was time for the OSHA safety course lol... I had to get up at 4am to be there for 6am till 2pm.. after that entire time period there is a test to take. If you don't pass with a 70 you have to take the class all over again and can not get hired until you do....

Well I was on pins and needles through the whole class, things were covered so fast !!!! Time came to take my test and I was in and out with an 82 in about ten minutes lol. Test was 50 questions long and had an hour to complete. There were a few questions where I DIDN'T go with my first instinct and I missed them :( ! So now that I'm OSHA certified ill be syatting my new job next week...

So nice to be making double digits and not minimal wage.....I don't know what to do with all my hapiness lol ! Maybe ill buy the chin chins there own house ! Jk... I'm not making enough money for that ha !

yea i know,
sad part is i was in college taking pre reqs to go into nursing school for RN. I have since found out that alot of people graduating RN cant find jobs in my area because of the economy. People are hiring the LPN's because they dont get paid as much than the RN would be....

So I am not ready nor willing to move, on top of that I was struggling with certain pre req courses that I had to have to get into RN.
I got the opportunity to go get this job at the refinery making the same amount of money as I would have made by getting my nursing degree...

But look at the upside,I didnt have to attend college to get the job. I am not thousands of dollars in dept because of school loans to get the job. For being a 21 year old female this job is a very good paying job for me to have.

I am being hired with a sub contractor. In a year or two I plan on going take a 2 year course to acually get hired on with exxon mobil and thats where ill be making alot more money lol. I just am not ready for that rite now. Im to spazed out with school as it is lol.

Back