PANR + Guinea Pigs??

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blondeangel

I just finished up my current bag of guinea pig food without realizing I didn't have a spare unopened bag. I gave him a little bowl of my chinchilla's PANR food instead. I was wondering if anyone who feeds their chinchillas PANR also feeds it to guinea pigs without issue?

He will be fine for the night on PANR, but guinea pig food has vitamin C added and it is important that guinea pigs get guinea pig pellets. That being said, you should also be supplementing your guinea pig with extra vitamin C, either through fruits and veggies or a supplement.

O i know about the Vit C being added to guinea pig food. He gets full veggie salads roughly about 4-5 times a week - but I am debating on if this is enough to keep him on a PANR diet. He is quite the spoiled pig I grow my own kale at home, then theres the store bought spring mix, peppers, parsley, oranges, tomatos, etc. Just a thought have all this food and I don't want it to go to waste...

I also recently acquired a GP and was told that they should NOT be on any type of rabbit diet. i also feed my chins PRSC (PANR) and would love to share but Lily only seems to like the Oxbow cavy........everything else I have put in there she wont eat!
I am sure one night wont hurt but personally I wouldnt risk it.

I also give her a little "salad" every night. I just tried Kale......I think she is on the fence about it though. Every time I go to the farmers market, I try something new! she LOVES peppers & cucumbers! wont touch apples though. they are fun little critters.

Latest posts

Back