Oxbow Treats

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LeaJo22

Have anyone tried the oxbow treats or know if they are any good for chinchillas? I saw that they have timothy treats that look like cheerios and they have some that have lavender and chamomile. I was just wondering because I can order oxbow stuff really cheap through my school.

I was also wondering about the Oxbow treats. I've been seeing the ones specific for certain things.. like joints, stomach.. stuff like that. I wondered if they were ok, or if they are yet another treat to steer clear of ;P

I have looked at the ingredients for the supplemental ones for joints, digestive, etc. and they all look ok. All they have in them are herbs.

The timothy ones also look fine. Just wouldn't use the dried banana ones.

I wouldn't buy them because they are so darn expensive for such little product, but if you can get them cheap then go for it :))

I bought the timothy cheerio looking treats from Oxbow a few years ago and my chins did not like them, they didn't even touch them.

I bought the timothy cheerio looking treats from Oxbow a few years ago and my chins did not like them, they didn't even touch them.

ditto I bought the timothy cheerios too I even tired breaking then up as she likes stuff smaller at times...threw them on the ground!

I did use the Lavender-Chamomile chin did like that for sure!

The cherrios ones are not a big hit here either. The oxbow treats that are the most widely liked I found are the vegetable ones and the organic barely.

For the ones with herbs, haven't tried them yet, we just recieved them, but they're just huge, you'd have to cut them in pieces most definitely.

Thanks guys! I figured the dried fruit ones would be no go but I might try some of the other ones see if he likes them. Yeah through the vet school they get oxbow products at cost so it's pretty cheap :)

uh-oh, are the dried banana treats no good for chins? i got a tropical mix of chinchilla treats and my Bruno seems to like the bananas best. I don't want to give him treats that aren't good for him though!!

No fruit, no nuts or seeds and no dairy. All are bad for them. Their digestive systems are not designed to handle them and they can cause serious problem no and in the future.

I buy the Oxbow Veggie treats for Bun bun...he loves them. He gets once or twice a week, I have tried to give pieces to the chins and they seem to like those but it makes me nervous to give it to them because I assume there's flour or something in it that could mess with digestion. Maybe I was wrong!

I ave tried most of the safe oxbow treats and they did not like a single one, stuff is expensive too.

The ingrediants in the veggie treats are not great for chins, I would not feed them.

Ingredients

Barley Flour, Alfalfa Meal, Rolled Oats, Molasses, Canola Oil (naturally preserved with mixed tocopherols and lecithin), Dried Carrots, Dried Potatoes, Dried Cabbage, Dried Red Peppers, Dried Green Peppers, Flax Seed Meal, Kelp, Garlic Powder, Brewers Yeast, Yucca Schidigera.

Guaranteed Analysis
•Crude Protein min 12.00%
•Crude Fat min 3.00%
•Crude Fiber max 10.00%
•Moisture max 10.00%

I stick to simple. Cherios, no shugar shredded wheats, rose hips... why make things more difficult by adding 60 million types of treats? More than half the ingrediants listed in the vege treats aren't good for a chinchilla.

well i ordered the treats already, they were only a couple dollars. I got the organic barely biscuits and the lavender chamomile medley.. what do you guys think of those treats? safe wise or if you've tried them

As long as they do not contain any form of fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, dairy products, or sugar they should be fine.

Has anyone ever bought the Ecotrition Snak Shak Hide-Away? It looks like a cute Tiki house for chins to have a private nap time, but it's edible so they can snack on it while they're in there. I think it's a cute house, but i don't want my chin eating it, if it's not healthy. Thanks!

I believe those Snak Shaks are held together with honey. I'm not sure what material they are made of but the honey definitely makes them unsafe.

The ingrediants: Pine wood shaving, cassava starch, alfalfa straw liquid mix, water, sodium alginate, potassium sorbate, propionic acid, honey, glycerin, propylene glycol,

Latest posts

Back