Oxbow Hay Coupon

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpaceChinnie

As I was giving some hay to my chinnies last night, I noticed that Oxbow is now putting a small plastic wrapped coupon inside their "large" bag of timothy hay. It fell onto the cage floor and my chin quickly picked it up and hid with it in a corner. I didn't notice it fall from the wad of hay, but heard a strange crinkly munching noice and immediatly investigated. Luckily Kiwi had only a few seconds to munch the plastic wrapper, so I dont think she was able to ingest much plastic. (although, i'm nervous and will be monitoring her like a hawk)

The real reason for my post is a friendly warning to anyone on CnH that buys the Oxbow Hay. I love their company, and their hay, but I really wish they wouldnt hide plastic coupons in their product. I haven't seen them in the bag before, I think it's a new promotion.

Keep on the lookout for it, as it is small (approx 2 inch X 2 inch)! I know my chin loves crinkly plastic (and tape), and I want your chins to be safe too!

SpaceChinnie:thumbsup:

what is the coupon for??? i LOVE coupons. i dump my hay in a plastic container and my chins dont have access to that area but thanks for the warning.

I'm not sure what the coupon is for, I threw it out without bothering to look. (I got mad at the coupon for living in my hay. lol) It was probably something silly like 35 cents off my next bag.

Oh yea i saw that too, i threw it away because it wasnt a coupon it was an advertisement ( i think) I couldnt use it to get money off of my next purchase so its garbage now.

Yeah, I saw it in my bag too, luckily it was right at the top and not hidden so I didn't scoop it into their hay boxes. Jemma for sure would've disappeared with it. I wish it was a coupon, but it's just showing all the different types of hay they offer.

Back