Oxbow Bedding?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chin_Parent

I came across this litter the other day when looking for stuff for my rats: http://www.oxbowanimalhealth.com/pr...ACB3C611A98DFB2726C5C734.vipa-07b?object=1616 , I was wondering if anyone has used it and how it's worked, or whether anyone thinks it's a good idea. I think I would blend it with the aspen bedding I'm currently using (just because I finally got Chinchy potty trained and I don't want to lose ground or confuse him), plus it's twice as absorbent as paper bedding and much cheaper (20 lbs. for 20 dollars). What do you guys think?

I don't know, I'm curious though, it looks decent. If it is safe I may consider using that instead of something like yesterday news.

I caught Imp eating her Carefresh yesterday. :impatient: Can't wait till my fleece comes in so I don't have that issue anymore. But that means that I can't use it in her litter pan and I need to find something else (but I don't want wood).

It says that it's safe to eat on it, and it's just pressed wheat straw, so it seems to me that it shouldn't be a problem. My chinchilla usually does a test nibble on the bedding, and then moves on, so I figure it should work the same way. I'm switching to fleece liners too, but I'll still have his litter pan with bedding, and 20 pounds would last forever I'd imagine.

AND my favorite online retailer has it (drsfostersmith) so hit $49 and you get freeshipping. I always hit $49 so that isn't an issue. Thanks CP, I've seen it before but completely overlooked it because I thought it was "straw".

Yup, I was looking at it from them too. I'm going to get some of that and a bunch of lava ledges. Somehow I always take those free shipping things as a challenge.

Back