over eating chin?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well took him to the vet and the vet the says he looks good but does have some lose stools and took some fresh ones rather than ones from home which is fine i would rather that. he is not dehydrated or anything. and the vet could see the difference in his stools from the time he was put in the carrier until he left they got more firm and properly shaped. she is not sure if there is a problem with him or not his teeth look good and he is a little small she asked if there is a possibility of him being a dwarf or not, which i have no idea this chin was given to me.

the cages are cleaned twice a week every week unless it needs to be done sooner and in addition it gets sanitized once a week religiously. i have never had a cage go more than three days without cleaning regardless if it has one chin or a dozen chins. (and no i dont have a dozen chins in any cage and never have the only way that will happen is if a chin can miraculously have twelve kits at one time)

there is not a ton of toys etc in these cages and i have seen two-four chins housed in cages much smaller than this, im a big fan of room and chins having buddies as well (as long as they get along) we like companions in our lives why wouldnt the chins?

vet said call monday for results and if there is anything alarming they will call sooner

Since you've already address the oter stuff, I would like to suggest, maybe spiltting the 4 boys up into groups of 2. That way they still have a buddy but arent as crowded.

and good luck with the test results

its worth a shot thanks for the advice i hope they will like being in smaller groups and everything will remain fine but it will also help me limit his food if it comes down to that. i could have the results tomorrow but they were going to run the test a few times and make sure there were no change. if nothing is found we might repeat the test in a week.

thanks for the advice and suggestion

Latest posts

Back