Outside play time

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lillybug29

Hey guys! I just wanted some opinions from everyone and to share a little. Last saturday was the most perfect day outside, so I decided to take the kids outside. Mace absolutely LOVED shuffling around, playing Indianna Jones by going inside of the dafodil plant and playing in the mulch. When I put Khaki on the grass, she just sat there like a sea urchin. She didn't seem to care for it at all. Just to soothe any worries, I don't use ANY pesticides or anything in my lawn or plants or anything.....I weed and mow and that's it. My eyes were on them the entire time and I was within a foot of Mace as he was exploring. They didn't eat any bugs or anything either, I was worried about that, since I don't know what the bugs have in them/on them with parasites and the like.

Does anyone else take their babies outside? Do they enjoy the grass and mulch? Do they just sit on the cement? What are your opinions on the subject??

:hmm:

I take Quinn outside sometimes. Its a tradition we go outside together on his gotcha day. He likes it. He like to explore around for a little while. We haven't gone out this year yet but last year he loved the mulch and kept trying to go under the bushes. I kept moving him somewhere else and he kept going right back. I think it is fine as long as you are watching close and aware of your surroundings.

I take mine out. It all depends on the hedgies, or even their mood for the day. Sometimes they'll walk about other days not. Snowberry typically runs all over the place like a wind up toy. Moonflower kind of wanders a bit, but not much. Sometimes I'll take them out & they just sit there & not move the entire time & I tell them they are the most boring hedgehogs in the world to take outside 'cause they don't do anything, lol!! Paddington would always find something to try & self anoint with no matter where I placed him. I like that I can take all my hedgies out & they will use the bathroom. It makes for a less messy wheel to clean up in the morning :thumbsup:

Latest posts

Back