Out of Cage playtime suggestions

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

e.murphy518

I love my chinchildren!
So, i am working on chin proofing so that Buddah and Bubba can have more play time with me outside of their cage. Does anyone have suggestions of fun things to have out for them to play on/in?

Cardboard play structures work great! Make sure they have lots of chew toys so that they can be distracted and not chew on the cardboard though.
Also, my guy loves to play on me haha. He'll climb on my back if I'm laying down and whatnot.. We do "cuddle cave" where I cover myself in a blanket while I'm sitting and it makes a "cave" for him to explore haha, that game's a favorite. It's the only way that I get him to be a little cuddly, plus he uses it as a break between running and jumping. Just make sure you have enough ventilation though!

I do a chinny tunnel with my fleece blanket on my bed she loves to go under the tunnel and poop of course LOL....but she likes the secure feeling maybe that nothing is over her and she loves to run in and out!!!

All of those suggestions sound great, thanks! :) I am so excited to try them out with the boys! I think i might make some sort of maze or something with tunnels for them to play around in. I am getting so many ideas of projects from this forum!

Pita loves the cardboard tubes that come from the carpet store. The Home Depot sells carpet by the foot and at the center is a huge cardboard tube. Now the Depot next to my place gives it away for free and it can be cut into usable lengths with a fine tooth saw. I made some stacked tubes that he likes to climb in and jump on.. the price is right and when they get dirty, I just replace them.

i got a play pen for my chinchilla, i put some toys that cant fit their cage to them when i let them play in the play pen.

I used my double FN cage box and cut it into large sections to block off underneath my bed and dresser, and have various cardboard boxes of different sizes set up in other spots with the open side out so that it not only serves to block off non-chin friendly areas, but can also be used as a hidey house while he's out running in my bedroom. I take his rainbow fiddle sticks bendy bridge out of his cage and either set it up as a tunnel or other shape for him to hide and jump off of. He pretty much entertains himself by running around the perimeter of the room trying to get into the spots that are blocked off and wall surfing off the bedroom and closet doors though >.< he likes to jump on/off my bed from his open cage doors.

Latest posts

Back