Our new girl Milli

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tene0524

Hello!! I am finally getting around to introducing myself and our new little girl Milli. She is 15 months old and I adopted her from the wonderful Poetrue's Pet here in Connecticut. Her current owner could no longer care for her and I knew the minute I saw her pictures that she was meant for our family. We have had her a little over a week now and she has turned out to be the sweetest girl. Bonding is still a work in progress right now but it is getting there. I will also be receiving a cage mate for her sometime next month when she is weaned from her mother.

I am open to any advice from everyone. This is our first chinchilla and hopefully we can adopt many more in the future. Thank you so much!!

Justene

Attachments

• milli cage1.jpg
    milli cage1.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 34
  • milli cage2.jpg
    milli cage2.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 32
  • milli cage3.jpg
    milli cage3.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 30
  • milli2.jpg
    milli2.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 34
  • milli3.jpg
    milli3.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 32
Good lookin' chin, GREAT lookin' cage, and I bet Cheryl is happy to see one of her chinnies go to such an attentive owner ;) Welcome!

What a beautiful little girl.

Some of the more experienced members can advise you on how to bond the pair. There is a period you will need to keep them apart but I'm not sure of the time frame because I am a single chin owner.

They are sweet creatures and as she bonds with you it will be even better.

Best wishes.

Welcome to the forum! Love all the purple. :))

Make sure you quarantine your new chin for at least 30 days before attempting introductions. There is a lot of advice on here about introduction methods. And of course, always keep in mind that they may not get along no matter what, so that's something you'll have to be prepared for.

Latest posts

Back