Our little girl is home

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tene0524

We just bought home our little girl milli (as my son calls her) about an hour ago. I took her in from another home which could no longer care for her. I bought her a ferret nation and have been working on it for weeks now, getting it ready for her. Just wanted to make sure that this is normal behavior: when we got her home I put her in her home, put the same food out that she came with and she then explored around jumping on the different ledges. She didn't seem to comfortable yet to go to the second level. Right now she is cuddled in her little house sleeping. Do these seem to be good behaviors as for now. I understand it will be a while until she gets comfortable with us but I want to know that she is comfortable and spoiled at all times. I also made sure the AC is blasting as I live in Connecticut and the humidity is horrible. Thanks so much!! Look forward to everyones feedback.

Justene

Hi Justene. Congrats. Milli sounds like she's doing great. ;)

Congratulations on your new addition! Sounds like normal behavior to me and since she's in a new cage she may take a little more time to adjust. I am sure she will soon be loving her new home soon though.

Is Milli an adult or young chinchilla? While her behavior is perfectly normal, she should be exploring the upper parts of the cage on her own within a few days. Most chinchillas used to larger cages will immediately. If she was raised in a smaller cage that may explain why she didn't...if she's a younger chinchilla that would also explain her hesitation. Anyhow, congrats on your new addition, hope to see her soon!

Is Milli an adult or young chinchilla? While her behavior is perfectly normal, she should be exploring the upper parts of the cage on her own within a few days. Most chinchillas used to larger cages will immediately. If she was raised in a smaller cage that may explain why she didn't...if she's a younger chinchilla that would also explain her hesitation. Anyhow, congrats on your new addition, hope to see her soon!

Milli is 15 months old, she is now all over her cage and loving it. Im still trying to bond with her as much as possible. She comes to me when I open the doors but I then try to scratch her behind her ear and she runs. It has been only 24 hours since she has been home with us so I completely understand her fear. I do have to say she loves to throw the hay around her cage. I try to put in back into her little holder but she continues to take it all out. I guess she just like a messy cage. :neener:

Congrats on adding Millie to your family. Time and patience will help with the bonding. Just keep talking to her and she'll come around.

The hay mess..... well it comes with the territory...LOL

Congrats on adding Millie to the family!

Don't be surprised if you find yourself wanting to adopt another little cutie.

Thank you for adopting!

Yes!!!! I was already thinking of it!!! I will be receiving a baby next month or when she is ready to be weaned. But I was looking into adopting another one. I love being able to give a older chin a loving and caring home that they all deserve.

Hopefully I did this right since its my first time adding a picture, But here she is!! Miss Milli!!

Attachments

• milli.jpg
    milli.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 10

Latest posts

Back