Our Hike

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jadebf700

My Husband and I hiked up a mountain in our area. The first mile wasn't bad but the secon mile we climbed 1722ft to a total elevation of 3122 ft. All I kept thinking was, "The view will be worth this!" We both hurt this morning and my knees are Very swollen but I wanted to share some pictures with you all. Any blue marks you see on trees or rocks is the trail. All of the rock pictures here, I had to climb to get to the top!

dsc02240to.jpg

Start of the trail.

dsc02184f.jpg

The color is changing quickly

dsc02192m.jpg

A view of a mountain. I am not sure if this is the one we climbed.

dsc02194xn.jpg

Some of this rock we climbed was frightening.

dsc02196k.jpg

dsc02201b.jpg

The last half mile to the treeline looked like this. Ugh! :hair:

dsc02214nw.jpg

This is the break in the treeline.

dsc02222a.jpg

The last .2 mile was this. You can see the blue markings on the rock if you look closely.

dsc02233u.jpg

The patch of sandy looking stuff is where I started after the tree line.

These are pictures of the view. If the hike wasn't breath-taking (which it was) this view would have made up for it.

dsc02223cb.jpg

dsc02226pl.jpg

This is a view of Pamola peak which is at 4700 ft I believe.

dsc02227x.jpg

I could have sat up here forever!

dsc02230z.jpg

The sign marking the peak.

dsc02231ru.jpg

This is my favorite picture of all.

I hope you enjoy what I experienced. I would do it again in a heart beat... After I find my knees, hips and heart again! Boy are we sore!

Up on the rocks I could have handled? Down? I would have been terrified of falling!

I'd say you burned plenty of calories on that particular walk, but I agree, the view is wonderful.

Good job!

Up on the rocks I could have handled? Down? I would have been terrified of falling!QUOTE]

Coming down was just about as hard as going up. The work out of the knees was good on the way up but the way down was all impact on the knees. There were a few times that my knee locked back and my legs were shaking the entire time down. There was actually one point in time that I tried to step up and had to catch myself with my other leg because my right knee would not push up anymore. :wacko:

Last edited:
Wow, how awesome! What a work out, I hate going back down, it is just so much more scary and you never feel like you have a good grip. Thank you for the great pics!

Wow! How beautiful! I am so jealous...I love hiking in the mountains up there!

Back