Our Custom cage built in less then 2 days!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lady Nox

IMG_20120420_192503.jpg

IMG_20120420_011539.jpg

Hubby rush built this for me in 2 days ( less then if you consider he was only able to work on it after work for a total 16 hrs actual work time )
He is going to build a custom table for it to sit on with a cabinet for supplies.
It is made entirely of kiln dried pine and 1/2 inch sq mesh. We decided against a screen bottom ( to save time and chin feet ) I added the fleece items - 1 cube and a hanging tent that I made. We have a nice tile for her ( with a spare in the freezer) some aspen bedding in a casserole dish I got from good will in hopes she can potty train me ( lol )and a custom chin condo also quickly built by hubby. I still want to add one more mis section shelf or a ladder but for now I think it is a great starter house :)

It is gorgeous Angel, well done! She is going to absolutely LOVE it (-: Bet she already does :)

looks very nice, tell him he did a good job and to teach me how to build stuff like that.

The shelves were easy just some kiln dried wood cut to exact size and screwed in :) the long shelf was fit enough to actually fit very snug without screws but we still have two in there anyway ( just in case) Once she gnaws them down ( of course she will) we will replace them with new ones. The hardest part of the entire design is the angled side walls. The water bottle leaks if it is at an angle so it is on the front wall. I think I want some sort of bridge in the middle as well. Not sure if I will go with branches or fleece yet but we want to give her some time before we start redecorating :)

It looks really nice, but i am wondering, how long will it take them to eat the whole thing you think? :p

Looks awesome!

That wood bottom won't last long...you might consider putting some tile down over the whole thing. Make cleaning easier and it will last longer.

Ty for the suggestion Arf . I actually already mentioned it to him lol ... poor man yet one more trip to Home depot ,, I can already see him skipping gleefully through the isles ( He loves that store )

Wow looks great! He did a wonderful job on it! I bet your chin is really enjoying it! We needs more pics! :D

That is an awesome cage! Kudos to both of you for it :) I'm sure the little one is happy as can be!

Very pretty!!! Home Depot actually sells small sheets of metal as well, if you want one of those over the wood at the bottom. It will be a barrier between your fleece liners and the wood, and one you can wipe down in between cleanings.

Back