orville is sick, dont know whats wrong

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

starrynight0621

Omg please help...my baby Orville is sick. He has hsd giardia in the past and we finished his last round of meds last week. Now he is constipated and extremely lethargic. What could be wrong?? He is laying in my arms, he never does that

Lethargy is VERY dangerous. Agree with Nan -- Emergency Vet ASAP -- he may be starting to bloat, a very painful and often deadly disease!!!

If you need help with finding an emergency vet, please post your location so one of our members may help you.

GOOD LUCK...

I can't get him to a vet until 8am. I live in Bloomington IN.

He isn't eating or pooping much. He isn't really rolling around like he has bloat, and I haven't changed his diet or done anything to lead to bloat

Has he been eating? Medicine would kill normal flora in chin GI. That leads to bloating.
I have a similar case when my chin is positive for giardia. I have to stop the treatment after third day because she isn't eating and pooing much. I give her critical care with probiotic at least twice a day and message her belly downward circular. I hope this will help you a little.

Check the thread for US Vets in the Health and Hygiene subforum -- there is a recommended one in Bloomington. The other one in a different city -- I'm not too sure how far away Stacie (Stackie) is, but she has her number listed.

We took orville to an er vet in indy last night and got there at 3am. I am devastated to say he passed away from pneumonia this morning.

I'm so sorry for your loss of Orville. :flowers5:

Sudden, unexpected deaths are the worst. I'm glad that you were able to get a diagnosis, even though he died. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Since there is now a memorial thread about Orville, I'm closing this one down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back