One smart chin!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Airyn

I just HAD to share this.... I had Nixi and Maia out for playtime last night and Nixi decided that my entertainment center tasted good. I clucked my "no" sound and she took off running, so I grabbed a piece of cholla, called her over, handed it to her and said "stick" three times before releasing it. She just looked up at me all annoyed as if to say "Yeah, I got it. NOW GIMME THAT STICK!"

Once she had it, she ran and hid. A few crunches later, she jumped up on the ottoman with the stick in her mouth, which of course, I praised her for.

Then, she dropped it and started chewing on a piece of cardboard instead. I said "Nixi! Where's your stick?" She immediately looked around, found it and stood straight up with it in her mouth!

She's insanely stubborn and training her has been my biggest challenge, so the instant comprehension was nothing short of awesome in my mind. Maybe I'm a bit biased, but how frikkin' cute is that?!?!

Cute, it would be very interesting to see if you could train her to do that repeatedly!

Oh I totally agree and I'm definitely going to try and reinforce the behavior! She loves hide and seek, so I'm thinking "Find the Stick" would be a fun game for her. It'll be interesting to see how well she takes to it. If I can actually get her to find on command, I'll be posting video. :))

Latest posts

Back