One pissed off chinnie!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bostongirl'sChin75

Stephanie: Zoo Poo Gal!
That is the only way I know how to describe Herby and the mood she is in right now, thanks to me! Earlier today, I finally broke down and went about removing some of the worst of her fur mats and let me tell you, she did not like it one bit. She kacked and barked and just kicked up (literally) a fuss in general through out the whole ordeal, and this was even with intermittent breaks for both of us.

The only reason I had to remove the mats is because they were right near her mouth and were starting to interfere with her being able to drink out of her water bottle. The vet said to wait and see if she would groom them on her own, but showed me how to brush them out, if she did not or they hindered feeding and drinking. (The mats were from hand feeding her as she got over her dental issues.)

Anyway, after I got the biggest of the mats out, I went to put her back in her cage and the little booger picked up her raffia hat full of PANR and threw it at me.. :impatient: then she proceeded to start throwing hay around the cage and generally just making a mess out of the cage I just cleaned. You could tell she was doing it out of anger too because she would look right at me and then start throwing stuff around..

And I thought a child going through the "terrible two's" was evil! ;)
I was just wondering of anyone else has ever had this problem with their chinnies? And what I could do to make it up to her? :)

yes!! Richie does this to me all the time! especially at night when i take one of the others out.............he gets jealous that it is not him (even tho he comes out almost 3 times per day!) he kicks his bowl, starts tossing fleece, knocks over his bed and generally storms the cage doors and throws a tantrum! nothing makes him happier than when i open the cage doors and he jumps on my shoulder! treats dont work with him.

maybe you could give herby her favorite treat and give it to her during an extra playtime and a nice dustbath?? of course my boys LOVE thier dust baths!

One of our guys- Burton is a little monster all the time!! When I let the other boys out to play, he throws a fit, he bites the bars, throws his food. I have tried letting him have his playtime first and last, but either way he fusses!! If I try to give him some wood, or pumice, he grabs it from me and throws it right back!! He is quite the complainer!

yes!! Richie does this to me all the time! especially at night when i take one of the others out.............he gets jealous that it is not him (even tho he comes out almost 3 times per day!) he kicks his bowl, starts tossing fleece, knocks over his bed and generally storms the cage doors and throws a tantrum! nothing makes him happier than when i open the cage doors and he jumps on my shoulder! treats dont work with him.

Sounds like you should have named him Patton instead! ;)

I have no idea really...as far as I know, she has never had a cycle ( that I have noticed anyway ), but it could be possible. What are some other ways I can tell?

And I do throw in things! ;)

Poor us :)

Stevie always stands up on her hind legs and aims saying "One step closer, and i'll shoot!"

She even moves closer when i'm stepping back :rofl:

When Daisy and Peach "moved in" next door to Trousers, she threw a COMPLETE tantrum. She even threw her pellets and hay into their cage!!! She seems to have gotten used to it, but she still occasionally with give them the long stink-eye...

Sounds like this is more a female chin behavioural problem?

I only have 2 male chins & they're both pretty comfortable with me. With my standard grey, Tubby, I can do whatever with him, e.g. annoy the heck out of him, put my hand on his bum if he tries to hump my hand, regularly clean fur rings (because he can't clean himself properly), but I have never lost his trust & the worse he's ever done is bark or make that "kack" noise at me.

Whereas Winnie, my white violet, if I put a piece of wood on one of his hangout shelves, he doesn't like that & he would just kick it away. Other than that, he'd bark at me if I try to pick him up when he wants to be left alone.

Back