On Baby watch!!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update

Hey all thanks for thinking of my girl..to answer that no she has not littered yet...Still waiting :banghead: LOL I will let you all know as son as she has..got her to stand on the scale and she weighs 960gms....possibility of quads first litter...

*head desk*

i hope soon!!! any pics of big mama!!! =P

i know she's a puddle but she's still very very cute!

Could be quads or just a single kit - most breeders have found that there is no definitive correlation between weight gain and number of kits. I myself have had a couple of chins gain close to or over 300 gms with only a single or double litter. I have had one who only gained 80 gms give birth to triplets, all with good weights. It's always nice to be surprised.

I just had a girl give birth here that had almost identical weights. She gave birth to twins so I am guessing twins or maybe triplets.

Agreed. It's not always the case but I've noticed that my pregnant girls stop gaining quite so much 1-2 weeks before delivery.

Maybe you should tell her that she has passed the "fashionably late" mark and we wanna see those babies already!! Can't wait!

I cleaned cages this evening and told her that it was time to let me see them lil babies she is keeping from me..she gave me evil eye..i hope its soon..everyone seems to be having kits on holidays maybe I will get a few lil turkeys..lol :hair:

pretend to leave go for a half hour walk and run back !!
maybe you'll trick her into it

Latest posts

Back