Older FN with newer FN add on

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rs117

Hi everyone... I am new but have been stalking for awhile before we got our two chins to find out all I could. The girls are separrate at the moment but they are getting along great during the outings together so wanting to put them together. I completely understand the good can go bad quickly
I have an older FN and wanted to get the add on to make it a double... but online they say its not compatable. Has anybody tried to put a new version FN add on with old version FN together ? Seems like it should work ....but???:hmm:
thank you
Ray

People have managed to force it to work, but its not an easy fix. What I would do if I were you is I'd keep an eye on craigslist and watch for an older FN to come up and either buy a single or double unit. The older ones are better in my opinion anyhow.

Where are you located? I have an older extra 141 section.... I agree they are better imo too.... I can't see how people can make it work...would seem like a huuuge pita to me....

Last edited:
Where are you located? I have an older extra 141 section....

I live in Vermont

thanks, I have seen the Critter nation come up on CL but not the Ferret Nation. It seems the critternation is not really strong enough for Chins ....

They're definitely not easily compatible. Why they changed such a good original design is beyond me. Anyhow, agreed, check out CL.

thank you for the replies
I just bought a Ferret Nation dbl off of CL... $100 :thumbsup:
I had to drive about an hr but it was worth it

Back