ok, i have a question

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richtofens_raven

ChinChillin`
i just someone on instagram have a "chin safe" harness. is there such a thing?
i personally would never put my chin in something like that since it is really unnecessary. i don`t trust harnesses at all. i just want to make sure i am having the correct info on this stuff.
tumblr_n9exjqHNZx1tsds7oo1_400_zpswqxxhjuh.png

I believe there is no such thing as a "chin-safe" harness. Chinchillas have what's considered a "floating rib cage," which makes it's abdomen more fragile compared to other animals. A harness squeezing it's rib cage could damage some kind of internal organ. I think you're right to not harness your chin, better safe than sorry! :)

thank you, i was confused when they said custom harness. i just feel bad for the chin that it`s owner made that choice. i just hope it dosin`t end up with broken ribs.
(i did warn the owner.)

I dont think you would want the harness anyways, even if the ribs weren't a problem. I cant think of a situation that's safe for a chin that'd use one. The only reason I can think of is if people are taking a chin outside, where the ground is definitely not chin proof. Indoor situations all seem better taken care of with chin proofing a room or something.

Plus walking a chinchilla on asphalt is unheard of...I'm pretty sure you would get some eyes from people walking there dog

Latest posts

Back