Oh poop !!!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edgar_8223

well i was just wondering how often do you guys clean the cage and how hehe? because i clean my cage and damnnn this little guy can poop :banghead: ( i know chins can poop lots and lots) but i told my co-worker and he also owns a chin and he said " i dont know what you did to him " (in a sarcastic and mean way) so im jusst wondering

Dont worry they poop alot. 5 min after i clean the cage its full of poop again! It can be frutrating. I just bought a handheld dirtdevil to helo me out tho. I just vacum it out real quick several times a day.

I vacuum my cages out every other day, and change their fleece once or twice a week. Two chinnies on one cage and one in the other.

I clean out poops and thrown hay daily typically. Once in a while I push it to two days (I'm a bad chinnie momma). They are suppose to poop a lot. If his isn't pooping a ton maybe he's not giving it good food, enough to eat, or feeding it unsafe treats. Part of the reason I didn't hold off to 5-6 months before opening the girls up to the whole double FN was due to poop. It looks a lot less messy with poop spread across two levels than all on one... Or at least it does to me! I need to get a handheld vacuum to make things easier on me. I usually shake them or use a small dust broom. I have to block the girls off in one level to do it though. Otherwise they attempt escape! Which is one of the other reasons I like two levels. Beforehand I was having to put them into a carrier which they weren't very fond of.

I clean my chins cage everyday. I sweep outside the cage to clean the poos she's thrown/kicked out, then brush off the ledges, then shake her fleece liner outside. Then change all the fleece/towels every three days and wash at the end of the week, and vaccuum the whole room as often as I can. They poop A LOT, even with my one chin I'm amazed at how much of a mess she makes!

I shop vac out my cages every day and shake out their fleece and thow out soiled hay. I change their fleece once or twice a week and scrub out/disinfect their cages once a week. Yes they do poop a lot. I also shop vac the floor or sweep the floor every day too. They are messy buggers! :)

Latest posts

Back