Odd behavior

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

karicola

Recently my chin has started sitting himself down facing the corner of his cage, and staring at the wall behind it for long periods of time. At first my boyfriend and I thought it was from us bothering him and referred to it as "Opie leaving the room", as a joke. Now, however, he has started doing it more frequently and I was wondering if this is a normal behavior or if he's just crazy. Any insight would be greatly appreciated thanks !

I'll have to agree that he's probably just resting/snoozing.
I wouldn't worry about it!

Lol this is similar to my Mitty's go-to relaxing pose. He always clutches his chest with one paw and leans on a wall with the other paw, in a 'my life is so tough and I need to reflect' pose. No worries unless his consumption level/weight changes or other more dramatic personality shifts.

Last edited:
Lol this is similar to my Mitty's go-to relaxing pose. He always clutches his chest with one paw and leans on a wall with the other paw, in a 'my life is so tough and I need to reflect' pose. No worries unless his consumption level/weight changes or other more dramatic personality shifts.

This description has made my day. You're awesome.

Latest posts

Back