Occasionally out of sorts??

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marie5656

Chinchilla slave
So, Trixie is almost 6, and we have had her all her life. Just recently she experienced a behavior that we have seen a few times over the years and wonder if it is "normal". For about a two or three day period she will seem very out of sorts. She eats and drinks OK. But she will be very anti social and refuse any sort of interaction...will run to back of cadge when we want to give skritches, won't want to come out for playtime. Stuff like that. But then, after a couple of days she will snap right out of it and be back to normal.
There are usually 2-3 months between these events. Is this something to be concerned about? Or is it just a part of her being a girly chin...some sort of hormonal chinny PMS or something?

I wouldn't worry about it. I only have boys but some days they are friendly, some days they are big grouches. Just part of their big personalities :))

Both of my girls go through mood swings like this. Usually it is around the time of my own cycle but they do have other times they go through it as well. I wouldnt worry unless they dont perk up after a few days or of there is a change in eating or drinking..

Latest posts

Back