Oats & Whole Rosehips

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i give my chins 1/2 teaspoon of a mix that includes oats every night, however; they only get like 2 or 3 oats in that mix. i alternate treats, so they get something different almost every night......one night pinch of oats, one night pinch of crushed rosehips, one night 1/2 shredded wheat, one night pumice stone, one night cardboard circle thingie, one night chin approved cookie, one night loofah (you get the hint).
but one thing they get and love every night is a stick of wood!

I give all my guys about half teaspoonful mix of organic rolled oats and crushed (not whole) rose hips every night as a treat when they head back to their house for the night. I've almost got the new boys trained, woot.

i don't measure precisely, but a pinch i guess of whole grain old fashioned oats, every night. I used to feed whole rosehips only, until i found out that they like oats and shredded wheat. I love how they lick the oats off your hand!

I give Idgie oats and rosehips (crushed) as treats after playtime. I hand feed them to her. I don't really count, but give her several pieces. I alternate days. And with the oats, I found that she likes the oat groats even better than rolled. They crunch a bit, plus they are even more natural. I get them at Whole Foods (and the rosehips, too.)

Latest posts

Back