Now i no why they were around 60% off...

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Godofgods

Back in Nov/December last year (13) petsmart ran a sale on the 182 double ferret nation cages. What used to be around $220-250 was around 100-110 or something like that.

I ordered two cages back then. Yesterday i opened the first one up to try something with my ferrets (a complete disaster.) I noticed that both plastic trays had pieces that snapped off. The edge of one tray right where it starts to round had a large crack right down the length of the tray. The bottom right hand door was at such a bad angle that you could push the top part of it out with out pulling those latches together.

... And the metal bar on the second floor back piece was snapped! wtf?! :hair:

Considering the time that's passed i doubt i can do anything about it. But i sent petsmart an email anyway on Thursday. So far, no response at all. :impatient:

... I just wonder what i have to look forward to if i ever open the other one...

The last Ferret Nation I got was smashed in the mail - unuseable. I contacted the company and they replaced the broken parts for free. They have too-notch customer service.

When I read your title, I figured it would be about the ferret nation. Yeah, my doors don't line up and there is a huge gap on top. I don't mind though since I just put on an extra lock. I do know that they don't sell the ferret nation by Midewest anymore, it is under a different company. Maybe the will do better

Thank you for purchasing your Midwest Ferret Nation cage. We are sorry to learn that you received your crate damaged. If you purchased within the past 30 days, you would need to have Petsmart file a damaged freight claim and submit a new order for you. If you purchased it over 30 days ago, you can send us pictures with detailed descriptions of what we are looking at, a copy of your receipt and the Julian date, located on a white sticker on the back of the door plate, ex 13 012HA. We will review and forward to our quality manager and send replacement parts to you.

that was the response i got form Midwest. Still never got a response from petsmart.

so i dragged out the box with the cage and photoed everything that was broken. - Both trays, both doors, and the back panel of the cage. After that i spent an eternity trying to get this cage back in the box again. It was so frustrating i wanted to scream.

Despite being extremely annoyed after that, i decided to open up the second cage (that was unopened) because i did not want to go through this again later.

I was quite upset when i went through the pieces. - Bottom door, bottom back panel, top back panel, a rack the trays sit on, a cage side piece, and the corner tray - all broken to some degree.

I decided to wait a day or two before sending them back an email. I was furious at there product. Thats a disgrace to sell product like that. Two cages and i dont even think i have enough good parts to put even one together.

I did forget one thing tho. They want the Julian date located on a white sticker on the back of the door plate. which means... I HAVE TO DRAG THEM ALL OUT AGAIN! :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Latest posts

Back