Not so active chin.

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beemarie

So I adopted a chin about three weeks ago. I named her boo boo. The girl who i got her from didn't have enough time for her with her other pets and school and work. This is her third home. She is a sweet chin. doesnt like to be held or out of her cage but does loves scratches. :)

I have one concern she doesnt seem to be that active, Chico is always running around her cage if she isnt sleeping. Boo boo gets excited when someone goes near the cage. but she doesnt jump on the shelves. She stays on the floor of her cage. the cage she came in was the one level cage that they sell for guinea pigs. it was more of a carrier than a cage. but i dont know if she was kept in that or just a way the girl could transport her. Should i be worried about boo boo?

Is she eating, drinking and most of all pooping ok??? She could be used to a 1 level cage and hasn't learned to 'act like a chin' yet. If she is eating, drinking and pooping I would just let her learned to be a chin

I agree with Barb, I have heard some stories about chins never learning to feel comfortable on shelves or second levels due to never having them. Sounds strange because of their physiology, but its possible.

Latest posts

Back