Not pooping and full stomach

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tarobear

My chinchilla has recently been in Baytril, he no longer is. His appetite has decreased and I've been force feeding him critical care for the past 3 days and giving gas drops and massaging his belly. Up until today in the evening, he was still pooping although his poop were small. I've noticed in the last 12 hrs he hasn't pooped despite me force feeding more critical care. His belly feels full, maybe from food but he's not going. I'm waiting for the vet to open in 2 hours. What can I do until then? Should I continue massaging? He feels as though his belly will burst. It's still squishy yet taut but feels full from food

The vet visit is a good idea. They may put him on some motility drugs to help get things moving. Sounds like bloat and you are taking the right steps. Hope he feels better soon.

Keep doing what you're doing and continue massages. If you let him out in a smaller area, would he run around? That might help a little… Get him to the vet once they're open.

I held him all night, afraid id wake up to a dead chin. i already lost two over the past 3 months, one was his cagemate of 6 years. I took him to the vet as soon as they opened. He started pooping but still tiny. We got X-rays done for peace of mind. Poor guy has so much gas built up. Good news is his lungs are clear. He got subq fluids at the vet too. As soon as we got home, he nibbled on a little bit of hay. I force fed him some more cc with massage before heading for work. His belly felt less full and my bf just told me he's eating a little bit. He will be on cispride, tramadol, simethicone and under intense nursing.

He's eating on his own a little hay but I'm still giving cc. I cannot find poop on his liner! I noticed he eats every poop! I know it's normal to eat a few, but he eats every single one!

Latest posts

Back