not drinking much at all...HELP!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aRae1007

I just got a chin a little over a week ago and I feel like she's barely drinking much at all. How much do chins normally drink and could this just be happening since she's still getting used to her new home?

Chinchillas do not drink a LOT, but you should be noticing that the water level goes down in her bottle.

Are you using the same kind of spout that the person/place you purchased her from was using?

Are you positive the bottle is in good working order?

I would mark the water level (using tape or marker), then check it again in the morning.

Thanks. That's why I am worried because I do not notice it dropping. It is a standard bottle and same as the girl had I got her from yes. I see her go over and drink but like I said I'm just worried that I don't see it go down. I filled it today to a line on the bottle and I was planning on checking it 2morro. Thanks for responding :)

I had the same problem. try squeezing the bottle so the water slowly drips out. Gary is capable of using it himself but loves when I squeeze it so he can get a lot of water at 1 time instead of small amounts often.

I had the same issue when I got Evie dont panic they dont chug like college students but they will little by little I just had to get 2 bottles one for each chin just to play it safe

Back