not acting right

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

damanta

Some of you might remember Balthazar the ringworm chin that I adopted from my work. The ringworm had proven very tough and it is only recently that he has appeared totally clear. Long story short, I live in New England and there is no ac in his quarantine room. We are experiencing a heatvwave, so I moved him to our basement, which is cooler but unfinished and therefore a little damp. Before doing so, I gave him a dust bath with flowers of sulphur in his dust, and there was more than I normally put because I was in a hurry. This was on Wednesday, and yesterday he was just not himself. Still eating and such, but not moving around much. My first thoughts were that maybe he was stressed and or depressed at being moved into the basement, and now I'm wondering if it could be the flowers of sulphir. I wanted to bring him right to the vet, but our car isn't air conditioned and its over 90 degrees here...Any thoughts?

There are a number if reasons he might not be acting normally. I believe heat could be the reason. Watch him closely and be sure he is eating, drinking and pooping normally. If not take him to the vet when you are able to transport him safely.

Unfortunately he passed an hour after I posted this. RIP my sweet Zar

Latest posts

Back