Non fleece housing ideas

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lily&Lucy

Okay, so I personally really like the look of fleece items such as tubes and cupcakes and what not however my chinnies like to chew the fleece. I've tried different fleece items to see if they will chew on it and the majority of it they do. I have also taken stuff away and brought it back to see if they still chew on it. I am attempting to bring back the cupcake that I got them. I thought it was super cute and that they would like to sleep in it. Instead they just wanted to chew on it so I took it out. So far they aren't chewing on it again but its only been a day so I don't have high hopes.

Anyway my question is does any one else have this problem? Or have any ideas of other accessories I could get for their cage? I did get them a wood tube, which they don't chew on...go figure. I was also thinking of trying a fleece tube with the pvc pipe inside. The others I had had cardboard and I think they just really wanted to get to the cardboard tube.

Hmmm...fleece chewers LOL. You could do natural wood items like large grapevine branches, rock ledges, wooden bridges, even just lots of nice pine ledges. Chinnies love to hop from ledge to ledge.

When I get home I'll post a picture of their current set up so you all know what I'm working with. :D

I thought you could edit your own posts, but I was wrong so sorry for the double post.

Here is what their cage currently looks like. They have a QC Mansion. It was hard to take a good full length picture since it is so big and my door is right there but I think you get the gist. They don't chew on the hammock that is in the middle but I had one up top at one point and they did start to chew on that one :(
IMG_0654.JPG

Here's the link if the picture didn't show up http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/iimIBLe6DmTbsgREz27yDg?authkey=Gv1sRgCInKzqLi_bPd1gE&feat=directlink

Some of mine chew the cardboard tubes. If the house is in their way they will chew on it. Some are just going to chew, but you can try it in a different spot. Like instead of a corner in the middle of the shelf.

I like the stuff that Simply chintastic makes.

Carise has wooden tunnels.

Someone else makes awesome 2 story houses but i can't find who it is.

hmm... Seems like the best bet for you is to just stick with wooden items. Perhaps you can get a custom made house, tunnel, or bridge, if yiou're looking for fun items to spruce up their home. Or, maybe you can get that cute Chinnie Choo-Choo and somehow stick that in there somehow as a fun ledge/hidey house thing.

In Cinder's cage, I have a fleece hammock and fleece cube and also a wooden house. She uses the cube and wood house, and uses the hammock as more of a trampoline. lol

Oh, and I should say she sleeps in and ON top of her fleece cube. Its so funny that she sleeps on top of it like it was a hammock. haha

Latest posts

Back