Non-Chin Mom... Yet.

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FearlessMagic

Hello guys and gals!

My name is Jessica. I've owned many different types of animals as well as worked very many exotic animals in my time. After moving into my new home (purchased nearly two years ago) I'm talking my husband into some Chinchillas. I'm kicking myself in the butt cause we had a Ferret Nation 162 model a few years ago before we had this house. The ferrets didn't work for us, I wanted something a little more social for our family and sold the cage shortly after we moved to the new house under the assumption that we wouldn't have anymore small critters. I'm a stay at home mom, my daughter is starting pre-school and during the day it's only me and my stinky Boston Terrier. I hope to find a loving pair of chins in the Colorado Springs area so that I can get some chin lovin.

Jessica

Hi and welcome! Good luck in your search for some chinnie companions! I hope you find the right pair soon!

Welcome to the forum and bummer about getting rid of your FN! lol, but isn't it always the way? That's great that you're interested in chins, but I would also emphasize that they aren't exactly cuddly creatures. They have their own personalities but it can take a long time for them to warm up to you and for you to gain their trust. Most don't like being held very much and are will be more interested in bouncing all over the place during playtime than interacting with you like a dog or cat might.

That being said, I can't imagine living my live without them :D Their quirky little personalities make my heart swell and the way they interact with myself and the world around them has grown on me like a fungus ;)

I'm perfectly find with them not being 'cuddly' I'm just more interested in a pet that will interact with me more than my ferrets did (they kind of just ran and hid) I've been watching Craigslist as I'm not a supporter of pet shops and looking into breeders in my area as well, which seem to be very few.

Welcome to the forum! Not sure where you are in relation to Denver, but Apple Wood Rescue usually has a few chinchillas looking for homes.

Back