No poop all day!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AutumnCT

CaidensMomma
Syringe feed my chin until around 6pm when he started nibbling on his normal pellets. I have been watching all day and have not seen him poop yet. I have let him out for an extended play time (longer than usual) and I still have seen nothing. I really really REALLY need some advice here as my exotic vet is not in until Friday morning (leaving me helpless tomorrow) please, any advice would help. This small issue the vet said seems to be getting bigger and I'm getting worried.

You need to force feed critical care. At least 60 ml. A day. I try for 100 ml if they are sick.

Is the play in a normal area he roams? If so, put him in the bathtub or shower enclosure and leave him there for 15-20 min, if the chin can poo he will poo in that situation. I do this to confirm or deny there is a issue, if no poo and there are other symptoms of digestive issues, off to the vet the chin goes.

Is the play in a normal area he roams? If so, put him in the bathtub or shower enclosure and leave him there for 15-20 min, if the chin can poo he will poo in that situation. I do this to confirm or deny there is a issue, if no poo and there are other symptoms of digestive issues, off to the vet the chin goes.

Interesting approach! But yes, definitely put him in a new area. If he poos hes fine,but if he dosent then off he goes to the vet!

:temp:

Force feeding is really hard. I mean I'm doing it but is it this hard for you guys too? It takes me at least 5 minutes to get him to eat 1ml and I try to give him 10ml per feeding (6 feedings a day) but it shouldn't be taking that long should it? Today he actually bit a hole through the syringe because he was so disgruntled about being force fed. No place close enough sells critical care (at least an 1 and 1/2 drive) so I made a mixture from his ground up pellets and filtered water. Yesterday was a good day. After baby gas drops and force feeding he started pooping a lot so I thought we had been on the road to happiness. He even started eating again throughout the night. But today it's right back to no poops. Only now he isn't bloated so the problem is only from him not eating. Vet appointment is on Monday and they are aware of the problem. They said all of the things I have been doing to help him have all been how they would hope in a perfect world. Vet did not suggest a sooner appointment so he doesn't seem to believe that this is THAT high on the problem scale. The vet did not reveal my chins weight when I brought him in so currently I don't know if he is losing weight or not. I keep feeding him and feeding him. I let him out to exercise to move around his organs and get things moving in there and still nothing. I cannot express to you how frustrating this is to me. He doesn't seem unhappy, he seems as happy as normal but the no poop thing is such a concern to me.

Latest posts

Back