No one does Voodoo like I do!!!! :X

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Twilight Chinchillas

Zookeeper extraordinaire
I'm still on the fence about whether or not I'm a voodoo doll or a science project gone bad? I am getting prepped this week for my bone marrow transplant.
Poke here, poke there, bend over, say ahhhhh. Yes, no modesty,and lots of fun! I had my port removed late last year after entering remission, but now that the lymphoma is back, my best at a cure is a transplant.
I had surgery for a neck biopsy last week for a pesky lymph node. Results were positive. We think it might have been some lingering cells that weren't caught the first time around.
So tomorrow is surgery day. I get a "tubing" but in my chest for treatment. Thursday is get poked in the @rse day (Bone marrow biopsy, both sides) Looking for a catchy phrase to put in ink on my backside. Maybe, "Proceed with caution" or WTF...not again!!!!!
I had Friday off, but if you want a transplant you can't risk infection, so I get a tooth extraction! Yes, I'm whining just a bit! All this while on blood thinners. I don't keeping things simple!
It's a long process, and just taking it one day at a time, but I see lots of success stories out there. Some are 5, 11, and even 19 years past transplant!
So kids (since most of you are young like muah) IF you have a RASH that won't go away, and get a lump, and it doesn't hurt get your BUTT to a doctor! It probably isn't lymphoma, but better to be safe than sorry.
That's my whine, now if someone could pass the cheese! :neener:

(hands Christine a big plate of gouda) :rofl:

i'm happy to see you are taking all of this with a giant stride of humour Christine! going through everything must be difficult and although i have never in my life had to go through any serious medical issues (i'm young yet, i have time! hahaha), i can understand the stress of it all. my mom went through breast cancer/surgery/chemo/radiation a few years back and she had much the same demeanor as you, jovial and more irritated than anything that it caused havoc with her normal everyday life, lol!

hugs! (but gently! lol)

Oh, man, Christine, you are taking this wonderfully well!!!

When I had my elbow tendon repaired, a surgical team member came in and asked which elbow was being repaired. I said "left" and then asked why...he took a red Sharpie and put a big "X -- NOT this one" on the right elbow and a green Sharpie and wrote "This one" on the left elbow.

I thought that it was just a little kooky, but he assured me that they did this as a precaution to avoid ANY mixups!!! Oh, well, better safe than sorry.

Maybe your copy could be "X marks the spots". ;)

Christine, you are an inspiration! Your positive attitude and laughter will pay off.

My thoughts are with you! You are an amazing person!

Your attitude is really amazing and inspirational! I am praying for you! Keep us posted!

I had the first procedure today, now we have tentacles hanging out of my chest!!!! I hopefully will be able to sit tomorrow, but we shall see. Probably a good idea to bring a pillow to sit on Friday though. Usually it's the day after that gets ya! lol Thanks for all the thoughts and fuzzies.

Good luck my friend! I wish you the absolute best.....and am thinking about you and praying for you......keep positive! Take Care!

Latest posts

Back