No hair around his peanus

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hana

My boy chin doesn't have much hair between his peanus and anus.
He chews there often and I thought he was cleaning the area.
I can see his pink skin clearly.
Is this normal?
Thank you in advance.

My boys don't have a lot of hair down by their penis either. Are far as biting down there he may just be cleaning himself. If he is excessively cleaning and his bottom is wet them I would check for a hair ring.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

None of mine have much hair in that area either. Just keep an eye on him like already mentioned and if he is being excessive about cleaning himself, you may want to check for a hair ring.

I'm glad to hear that!
He doesn't have a hair ring now but he leaks his pee lately..
since I got a female chin.
I don't know he does that on purpose or something wrong.
Do you have any idea??
Thank you.

Are you sure it's pee? He could be aroused by the female just from her smell. Boy chins are like teenage boys when it comes to girl chins. Lol That would explain why he is always biting down by his penis. Boy chins will take care of there own needs so to say if they need relief from sexual arousal.
The second thing that comes to mind is that he may be angry and trying to spray the female or you. When chins get mad or feel
threatened they spray what ever they think is the enemy. Weather it's you or the female chin.
One last thing is if it truly is he is peeing a little bit then maybe he needs to see a vet. I'm NOT an expert in this area of pee dripple but I have never heard of a chin just dripping pee. Maybe a bladder infection? Someone else might know more about that area.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

If it is pee and he is dribbling it, I would get him to the vet as soon as possible. He could have a bladder infection or bladder stones.

I'm not sure it's pee or not sometimes.
This behavior started lately so female might be the reason.
I hope he doesn't have bladder..
I'll keep watching and if he keep doing this I'll take him to bet.
Thank you!!

Definitely take him in for a check up for bladder stones.

Baby was a very good potty pan user, but he started peeing everywhere. I was baffled and thought that he had just turned into an indiscriminate pee-er.

When he died suddenly and unexpectedly, I had a necropsy performed. In addition to a tumor on his pancreas that had burst, Dr. Fitzgerald found several large bladder stones, which may have caused him to leak pee and he couldn't help it. I was not even aware that that could happen.

So now, any time a good potty pan used starts peeing all over, I recommend that they be seen by the vet.

Latest posts

Back