Nicknames for Chin Related items?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Diva Chins

I noticed (Not until a non-chin owner of mine told me I was doing it while I spoke to him on the phone) that I've been calling chin items some apparently 'awkward' things. Such as...
Wood chews - chinnie winnie chew chews.
Bubbles's Tums (For calcium deficiency) - Tummy tums.
Food - Nummy nums.
Rose hips - Tweety weeties.
Dust bath - Dusty baffy waffy (ONLY when about to give dust baths)

So I was wondering, does anyone else have this apparently insane and annoying habit? I guess I talk to them like they're babies cause they're MY babies =] I'd love to see some fellow 'crazies' who do the same with what they say!

No I don't (not that I am aware of anyway) but I definitely do talk a little different to the girls, not baby necessarily, but I use a different tone for sure! Thanks for sharing, you made me laugh :). I was picturing Jim Carey doing his "ooza boo boo" speech to a dog LOL.

No I don't (not that I am aware of anyway) but I definitely do talk a little different to the girls, not baby necessarily, but I use a different tone for sure! Thanks for sharing, you made me laugh :). I was picturing Jim Carey doing his "ooza boo boo" speech to a dog LOL.

Oh wow, to be compared to Jim Carey is awesome, especially since I'd like to think I'm a funny person so thank you ^-^ I do feel a bit funny about it though haha. Sometimes I feel like my chins are thinking "...What an idiot, but, regardless, she gives us treats so let's humor her"

Just thought I'd insert a little funny recent story here. This morning when I got the girls out for play time, I tried using a pan for dust baths instead of the dust bath house and poor lil Aiko (One of them silly whites) couldn't figure out how to use it, so I got an idea. I got a handful and flattened my hand, and I'll be darned if she didn't hop up and try to bathe on my hand! It was adorable til she rolled off (Thankfully my hand was pretty much on the ground). Gotta love them crazy whites!

I'm one of those people that cringes when I hear baby talk. When I moved to the south I had to control my anger when I heard "sammich" and adults still using mommy and daddy, and weird names for grandparents.

I'm sure some people can relate, though :)

We call everything chinchilla related "doodles" for example "how are the doodles?" and "did you order some more doodle food". It all started when I nicknamed on of them Fipsy Doodle....

I'm one of those people that cringes when I hear baby talk. When I moved to the south I had to control my anger when I heard "sammich" and adults still using mommy and daddy, and weird names for grandparents.

I'm sure some people can relate, though :)

Hah, I personally had 'granny' and 'papa' but the rest were grandma and grandpa. But with Deonna's children it's 'grammy' and 'mimi' for her grandmas. Doofus recognizes her 'grandma' because when mom comes in the room I always say 'Look Doofie it's gammaw' and it's almost like as soon as she hears the word gammaw she perks right up. I'm not really accustomed to how people do stuff up north, I'd probably be veeery confused up there.

I tend to add "ens" to then ends of words....Like, Foodens, bathens, chewens.... :D
Dust bath becomes a bit stranger - it turns into "baffens" hahahahah
And hay is just plain weird - "hayens" Kinda like Haines...XD

PS, I love the "did you order some more doodle food" HAHHAHA!!

Sometimes I call my chinchillas little pickles, I have no idea why. If I watch a Harry Potter movie sometimes, sometimes that little moniker turns into ickle-pickle-kins LMBO, but I still maintain that I don't use a baby voice ;).

I may not speak to them in a baby voice but I treat them like they are babies...I tell them a bedtime story everynight before I go to sleep, give them a kiss and such...It's like I have to tuck them in to get to bed lol:pillowfight:

We call our chins: chewies. So whenever we talk about their stuff we usually use that. "We have to go buy chewie food" "The Chews need more hay" etc. lol

I seem to use baby talk when referring to them "sleeping"

I'll say "my little shweepy girls" or "are you shweepin?".

They look so darn cute when they are asleep, I can't help myself!

Haha! I don't do that, but I do definitely talk to Binx very weird!

Like one day I came out an said "Bibonxy!" and it's just sorta been his nickname. LOL
Sometimes I talk to him about how messy his cage is when I'm cleaning it.. but I do it is a baby tone:

"Bibonxy! Why'd yew have to make such a biggie-wiggie mess! You're so cuuute... bah bohh (baby gibberish here)"

I really don't talk to them in baby talk, although, I do talk for them. I'll have conversations with them. I must look crazy to all my friends that witness it. But they don't have baby voices either.

I just caught myself calling the chins "Cooty-ooty-wooty-kins" So apparently this stems deeper than I thought lmao.

Latest posts

Back