nibbles?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

rach_leigh

I have a newbie question! I have had Kunya for almost a week now. He is sooo awesome! My question is this....when I pet and give Kunya is chinnie scratches...he nibbles my hand or arm. It's not hard and doesn't hurt at all. Is this good or bad? Just curious!!

Love nibbles!!! =) I don't think it's anything bad...I heard it's because they're "tasting" you so that they recognize who you are ...

My one chin nibbles on my hand. They do it if they are a "solo" chin and bonding with you. But, look out it can get a little too much "lovey dovey" if you're not paying attention!!hehe. Be sure he has a cuddle buddy too. Glad to hear you're having sooo much fun with him!!

Definitley a good thing. Me and Ty call them love bites. Mr. Chin will even climb up on my face and give me "love bites" on my face and he will nibble on my ear. Its just there way of showing they love you!

He's grooming you! It means he likes you and trusts you. :thumbsup:

Yeah, my babies do that to me every now and then, I always thought it was because I had just put my hands in the hay bin but its happened at other times too.

All of my chins do that. They are like toddlers, everything goes into the mouth to check it out. As long as the nibbles remain painless, there is no reason to worry.

Thanks everyone! I thought it was *probably* a good thing, but I just wanted to double check. He is very meticulous about it! He's so cute and I am sooo glad that he loves me! YAY!

My chin does it too! When we first got him, I read somewhere that they do that to their buddies as affectionate grooming - they take turns and stuff. So when Baxter did it, I got so excited! When my hubbie and I lay down on the floor he grooms our hair and faces - so sweet. He has found my nails a few times and tried to chow down on them. That is pretty funny!:rofl:

He's wishing you were a treat! All mine give the the "test" bite! They think oh hey this might be something that taste's good. Then I get the bite and they think, nope just mom's finger! LOL! I'm glad you and Kunya are getting along so great!

Definitely a sign of positive progress! I love the grooming - and you'd be amazed at how precise they are at trimming off hang-nails... way better than any scissors!!! :rofl:

That is VERY funny...he has trimmed a few nails for me. He's a good little groomer...now if I could only get him to straighten my hair in the morning! :rofl:

Latest posts

Back