newbie rescuer of all critters!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hedgieluvr360

hi I'm heather currently own 2 adult hedgie rescues (ms.sonic, and momma sploog) and mommas 5 lil 4 week old babes. the road I've been on as a new hedgie owner has been ridiculously rocky. ms sonic who we originaly thought was male (we wernt able to sex them since they were very skittish when we rescued them) had a litter unexpectedly and in a non baby proofed cage. she rejected them from the stress and i tried hand raising but lost the hole litter. ( trust me when i say i did research for weeks and hours and stayed up for days trying to save the little guys.) the other litter started with 7 but now sadly we are down to 5. they were inbread by there previous owners and were used for profit. but i honestly believe thats why we lost so many. (our remaining 5 are doing amazingly and momma is actually getting sweeter(so crazy). but from a rocky start to a smooth ending :) and everything happy now.

i also have a guinea pig(turtle), and a cockatieal(pika), and plan on having many more members in my furry family :) :crazy:

Greetings and welcome!

That's quite a rollercoaster you've been on - bringing home 2 hedgies, only to find that there are actually 2 + 7 + ?... Good gosh.

Best of luck with Sploog and her remaining babies.

Latest posts

Back