Newbie (forums & chin owner!)

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anjftw

Hi all! My name is Anjanette (Anj for short). My hubby and I got our first furbaby together about a week and a half ago - a female standard gray chinchilla!

Meet Princess Chinsuela Bananahammock! (Confused? Check this out and you'll understand!)

princesschin.jpg

I have personally wanted a chin for well over a decade, but my parents weren't too keen on the idea. I got a cat instead. My husband and I moved to a small apartment at the beginning of this year and unfortunately I had to leave my kitty at my parents' home. Our place was just too small to have a suitable place for his litter box that wouldn't create an unappealing aroma throughout. :(

I was heartbroken to live my feline companion behind. A couple months after our move, in March, I was diagnosed with breast cancer. I was 26 years old when I was diagnosed. At this point in time, I have been through nearly all my treatment (chemo, surgery and am coming up on radiation) and have already been given the news that I am cancer free!

Before my surgery, my husband and I were in our local pet store grabbing some filters for our aquarium when we were looking at the chins. He had never seen one in person. He instantly fell in love with them after that. He promised me once I had recovered some, that we could get one.

Aaaand, the rest is history! ;) I think it's been very therapeutic for both of us so far to have another little life to care for. She's so sweet and silly, and we look forward to having her for many years.

We've been trying to research chins as much as possible, but still have a lot to learn! So articles, suggestions, recommendations are all welcomed!

Thanks for reading and I'm excited to meet you all.

Welcome to CnH. :)

You can pretty much start at the top of the forum and read your way to the bottom. You'll find out anything and everything you need to know to take care of Princess Bananahammock. Be sure to check out the new chin owners section specifically, as well as the housing and diet sections. You can also get really good information out of the forum FAQ's, including what to have in a first aid kit.

I'm very sorry you had to deal with the cancer, but YAY to being cancer free!

welcome !!!! I so glad that you are doing well and are cancer free now!! Chinchillas are very relaxing to have and provide much company and its fun watching them and interacting with them Congrats on your new addition!!!!

Hi and welcome! A huge congrats to you for beating cancer! I'm so happy for you that you are on the road to recovery, and have a cherished new family member to keep you company. Your Princess is adorable!

I love your take on your Princess' name and I'm glad you are on the road to recovery. Welcome to the forum and when I first joined, I read all of the FAQ's in each section. It helped out tons to take better care of my chins.

Back