Newbie first timers unite

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1. The previous owner says Meucci is about 2 years old. He is my only chin
2. Craigslist >< I had been looking into chinchillas and resisting for quite some time, but then a gentlemen 5 minutes away from me decided he no longer had time for his chinchilla and the timing was right on my end.

3. I have a couple of goldfish that no one can tell me don't count :p

4. The physical tasks involved were as expected, but I was little prepared for the worrying about his happiness and health and if he likes me- but I'm pretty well known for my worrying so this should have been no surprise. And he's always fine and he doesn't hate me at least- despite a very unwelcome hair ring removal. Guess his last owner never checked.

5. I'd always like to spend more time with him and I do wish he'd simmer down enough to enjoy some scratches more often, but I'm very happy with the interaction I do get :)

6. I don't plan on getting another any time soon.

7. I just looked over my spending for the month and the "pets" category did take me by surprise. Most of that cost is in an excessive amount of chew toys and such that often excite me more than him. The base necessities have been about on par with what was expected.

8. yes and more yes :]

Ah....and the $$$$ add up!!!!! I just spent $130.00 on an extra tall pressure mounted removable doggie gate for one of the doorways of Jaspers playroom because he figured out how to bounce, from wall to wall, up the door jams and over the cardboard boxes that I was using..!!! Now I need one more for the other doorway (hubby thinks I'm crazy!!)

Hello

1. We have three. 2 are a little over a year old and our newest is 9 weeks old.
2. The first two we got on the same day from a Pet store. The littlest one came from someone who got her from a breeder.
3. We have 4 cats. Not really a lot of trouble with the combination.
4. Since when we started I really didn't know what to expect I would say it is not too bad. Cleaning the cage is harder than I anticipated but otherwise not too bad.
5. I was definitely hoping for more interaction with the older 2. The littlest one is too new to know what kind of interactions we will have.
6. Definitely. Looking now for 1 more kit to complete our family.
7. Start up costs are more than I anticipated but ongoing supplies aren't too bad.
8. Maybe. ;) we are about to do an extreme makeover chinchilla cage style soon to make it funner and safer for our chins.

Latest posts

Back