New Website & Chins for Sale

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EMSChins

Hendryx Chinchillas
I have finally developed a website and have just posted chins for sale. I may have a few more that will also be for sale at Nationals depending on judges comments. Wish I could be more specific but honestly I don't want to sell any of them! Lol!!!

The website is: http://www.hendryxchinchillas.com/

Let me know what you think of the site and what I can do to improve it even more.
Juanita

My only suggestion is for the pages with no content yet, like the retired breeders for sale, put something on the page like "sorry, we have no retired breeders at this time." I kept refreshing the page thinking my Internet wasn't loading the pictures correctly. :) looks awesome though. Very clean and navigable.

Thanks for the input everyone. Can't believe it took me two years to do this. Technology definitely isn't my strong suit.

Technology may not be your strong suit but raising nice animals sure is. You have come a long ways in the last few years.

Love the icon of the chinchilla, clean lines and professional looking. When I first clicked the for sale link I thought you had none posted, maybe putting the links to male, female, retires on the page its self would help us that are denser.

Also, I like how you labeled the info on chins, who won in a show, pets only, ect. I think if you list chins suitable for breeding it would be nice to mention their judge comments or str/weaknesses. Thats a lot of work but I think anyone wanting them for that purpose would have to email you about it anyway. Also, your brand name seems to be centered on show quality so I think this will lend appeal to those finding your site.

The info section was very extensive, it good information without a preachy feel. However there were some grammar issues in the malo section, and I could tell some ares were cut/pasted together because of repeating similar info. The note on food pellets at the bottom I thing would go better near the top with the other basic care sections.

Overall very nice site, one of the nicer ones Ive seen for chinchillas, I already covet your chinnies. ^^

Technology may not be your strong suit but raising nice animals sure is. You have come a long ways in the last few years.

Shucks Randy - you make me blush! :)

Thanks! It is only because of help and advice from breeders like you that take the time to help.

Thanks everyone. I spent some more time on it this afternoon. Gonna take a break for now because now I am obsessing.

I think I have updated most of the pages.

The reason the Info section looked cut and pasted was because I copied it from a word document that I usually send to clients. Unfortunately it did not transfer well and I hadn't had time to fix it. Hopefully it is better now. I will look again tomorrow with fresh eyes.

Also, I just realized that I originally posted this in the classified section and was about to ask a moderator to move it to the appropriate section since I am getting comments here instead of via my website. Just noticed that an Admin was ahead of me - thanks!!!

Very nice and well thought out. When i studied web design and programming we tested our websites on students who had never seen them before. Websites with their main content areas right centered (navigation top or left) were reviewed as easier to navigate in comparison to other styles. :)

I did notice that your left side bar is maybe a tad wide. It gives off a slightly smooshed feel to the main content are when it contains a lot of data. Such as the homepage or the contact.

new chin site

I really like it. I too like the judges comments being added. I love it when ranchers have the integrity to let the buyer know when an animal is for a "pet only".
JoAnne

I love it when ranchers have the integrity to let the buyer know when an animal is for a "pet only".
JoAnne

Funny thing about the comment "pet only" I have more "customers" wanting to buy that animal to breed than I do the quality animals that I have for sale! They see the lower price and BYB's jump all over it! :(

Juanita unfortunately that has not changed in many years and probably never will. I cannot tell you how many people have came here wanting the best chinchillas money can buy, but once here would not spend over $100 for an animal. What really gets me is when you then see them advertising very young animals out of my lines for twice the price of what they paid for the lower quality animals they bought from me.

I reread through your information section, it looks very polished now! I must say your over all feel is very professional on that site, very nice written material and design.

I did notice that your introduction to the Chinchilla Information section lacked authority in the last paragraph: "While I know a lot, I do not know everything there is to know about chinchillas and am continually educating myself on the species." I think its wonderful to admit that we are constantly learning (as that is a truth) but the wording might lead those that don't like your information to dismiss it in favor of pet smart ect. As my old nursing instructor used to tell me with every paper, be more assertive! I think I would make it more general, like, every year new things are discovered about the chinchilla, so I am continually educating myself on the species... Just and example, but it makes the statement true but not dismissive of your large amount of knowledge. ;)

If one of my relatives/friends wants a chinchilla I'm definitely using your site as one of the sources to send them to for information!

Juanita unfortunately that has not changed in many years and probably never will. I cannot tell you how many people have came here wanting the best chinchillas money can buy, but once here would not spend over $100 for an animal. What really gets me is when you then see them advertising very young animals out of my lines for twice the price of what they paid for the lower quality animals they bought from me.

That would be truly annoying! Esp if they bought an animal that was unsuited for breeding and bred it anyway. >.<

Latest posts

Back