New to forum-New to Chins

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KaylaD

Hello from Ohio! My name is Kayla, and I recently purchased my first chinchilla! I have been reading on the site for some time now, so thought I might as well become a member! Lol My family and I picked up our 7month old male chinchilla(standard grey) this past monday from Ralph and Barbara Shoots. We spent a few hours talking with them, and Ralph took us through their ranch and helped teach me some of the basics... We named our chin Roo, he is such a sweetie! I am absolutely in love with him, he is very curious and in the small amounts of (bathroom) play time, he will come running for me when I call his name! Im sure I will have tons of questions and even MORE to learn!

Welcome to the forum! ;) Nice to see another person from Ohio!!! You will have to post pictures of Roo!

So I was reading in the chin debate section the small breeders vs big name breeders. I said above that I got Roo from Ralph and Barbara Shoots...just wanted to let everyone know that this was not a "brag" by any means, or a small name vs big name breeders... To be honest, since I am not interested in being a breeder or have a large herd, I had really no idea who they were lol. I chose to go with them because Ralph called me, explained things, answered my endless questions(not about color and such, but about the animals in general), and invited me and my husband and my yound boys to come to their ranch to meet them and see all of the animals and teach us all more! They were so nice, and wonderful with us and my sons! Ralph really made the boys feel comfortable and let them see and touch many of his chins! Thats how we made our decision, I found out (on this site lol) just how "big" of a name the Shoots are... Just wanted to throw that out there, so nobody made the assumption that I over looked small breeders lol

Welcome to the forum! Good to see another member from Ohio! :)

Ralph and Barbara have great animals, I am sure you will enjoy him!

Latest posts

Back