New sale page

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why are some names in blue, others in black?

I know it seems silly, but you might want to put what each pillar is at the top of the chart. Some people might not grasp it, although everyone should.

*critic button off*

I think all in all it looks really good!

I'm not sure on the blue and black thing, I need to look through and see if something is missing... I noticed that as well.

I also thought the title thing, but my thinking was that once they scroll down a bit it'll be out of sight anyway, but that is an easy add...

I keep rearranging and I just can't get it so that I'm really happy with it, it's possible it's just because I did it. I'm like that, lol. I know exactly the feel I want the site as a whole to have and I feel like I keep getting close, but just not exactly right.

Maybe change the font? It might be a little change that does a lot of good. : )

I hated my computer graphics classes in school, because I never got it how I wanted it. Why I took three classes on it, I still don't know. lol.

I think you'll get it perfect soon. Maybe leave it alone for a day, then go back to it.

I added the titles, and found the layer issue causing the "black and blue" text, lol.

It might be a font issue. I know that a lot of times what I think is a great font and what's easy to read are two totally different things, lol. I think part of it is I want to my a new header, and I think another is I'm just not finding a color scheme I'm in love with.

I am getting the general layout to a point where I'm over all happy with it though I think!

Looks great Riven! It is easy to read and pleasing to the eye!

Just took a look and looks great!!! However, I was looking at chins for sale & noticed 2 things:
First, chin RVNZ92 is listed as DOB 11-2-10 If I'm not mistaken, that makes him 3 months old. Yet, it states that he produces nice kits?
Also, I couldn't find where you are located on the home page (which state). This may be important info for someone wanting to purchase a chin.

Nice catch there Jodi! LOL I copied the base one I used and obviously didn't get that one updated!

Location is something I will consider adding as well, thanks!

Put a couple more up and I think I might take the rest of the weekend off! :D YEA!

ETA: The bottom two boys are pending so I didn't bother to move them up into the new section.

There's a typo on the third chin down I think "breed" instead of "bred"

Looks good! Wish when you clicked you could get other shots on all of the chins though cause I loooove pictures ;)

I do plan on doing more photos per chin in the future! Right not I put in what I had, my puppy kind of chewed on my camera cord and if you hold it jussstttt right it works, lol. I ordered a new one and am waiting for it to get here.

I actually just corrected that typo, my husband noticed it earlier and was making fun of me... :p

Last night I went on a site scour checking all kinds of sites for layout ideas because I just didn't like the sale page before, it seemed crowded and hard to put in all the information I wanted on it. I'm glad that the opinions are good on it, I enjoy easy to view lists.

I also was debating on making a male and female section... but I'm not sure on that yet.

Nice job on the website!
I would recommend reformatting all the chin pics (page 'our chins') into the exact same size and then arranging the spacing between them so that is properly (uniformly) aligned.
That will give the pages much cleaner look.
Best best,

Last edited:
Thanks Sanja, that's a good idea. Eventually I hope to get more photos of breeders up as well. It's a never ending process I think!

Back