New Owner

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FayeEsquire

Hello, everyone.

Introductions are something I have never been good with, so if you have personal questions, please ask me. I open up better when others inquire about me over me just saying random facts. (Frankly, I find myself to be a boring individual. You'll notice I have an easier time talking about my pet than myself.)

I wanted to take a second to say hello because right now I feel like a mother with her first new born. I have grown up with hamsters, mice, and guinea pigs my whole life. However, after moving out on my own I wanted a pet that was going to be more social and intelligent that your standard rodent pet. My apartments wouldn't allow cats or dogs without super high fees plus one of my roommates was allergic to them. They also have policies against ferrets so I started looking more into getting a chinchilla.

After a year of research and studying on them...I just purchased my first one last month and he is a complex, little ball of fluff.

His name is Garrus Chinchillarian (named after Garrus Vakarian if anyone has played the Mass Effect series). He is just about to turn five months old and I simply adore him.

I hoping get some great advice from veteran chinchilla owners to ensure he has the best life I possibly can offer him.

Hi, and welcome to the forum! You'll find heaps of good advice here :)

We like pics too, so please post a couple of your new buddy. Cool name too, by the way!

Welcome to the Community! I'm glad I'm not the only one who refers to my Chinchilla as a Ball of Fluff! Cool name as well; pretty awesome to find someone who likes Mass Effect like my Fiancé does. Looking forward to seeing some pictures of the little one. ^^

Thank you everyone for the warm welcomes. It is good to hear that someone else knows about Mass Effect but it is quite difficult explaining his name's origin to people who have no idea about the game.

DSC_0068_zpse1a607fe.jpg

Here's a picture of my little guy pretending to be Songbird.

Back