New Noises?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chiboo

Hello! To start things off, I'm a first time chinchilla owner and I've only had my chinchilla for two and a half weeks so far. She's a very friendly 8 month old black ebony chinchilla named Boo. I've done about just as much research as possible, but I havent come across anything like this. I brought Boo over to me grandmas house today because I'll be staying here for a couple days. Just today, I've noticed some strange behavior. Everytime I take her out of her cage she makes a strange little squeaking noise. (I brought the same cage I've been keeping her in over, no change there) Once shes out of the cage I can pick her up just fine, but if I touch her while in the cage theres a squeak. Is she just getting used to new smells and noises? Is this something to worry about? Slightly concerned, I'd like to know.

youve only had her a very very short time. she is not adjusted to you or your place yet. Being moved again is only going to make it more unsettling. As such i would advise not letting her out of her cage. It is only going to scare her more.

Back