new kit on the block

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chefscott

Finally I got my second male standard gray chinchilla today, and he is so small and so cute got him from a breeder and rescuer in my area and I love him, hes in a separate cage in a separate room way from gus, but gus knows hes here cause he must of smelled him on me and here in the house, and hes going nuts acting different bouncng around real fast in his cage and acting wild, and his body even blew up almost like a balloon like he puffed up like a puffer fish and his ears are back like a cat and they havent even met, i have a terrible feeling that they are not gonna get along and that will hurt, but I love this litttle bundle of joy who still remains nameless I still need some time to watch and match a name to his personality, but he seems very happy and content, and is eating and drinking and pooping up a storm, but it seems like he doesnt know how to take a dust bath I mean he gets in it and starts scratching but he wont spin around like gus does maybe he nervous, but just wanted to let you all know that hes here happy and so am i, as far as gus i dont know I guess we will see, but that day scares me now even more, im confused a little

As for the dust bath, the new chin will eventually get used to it.

As for introducing the two, you could put them in a cage that doesn't belong to either one of them and put up a divider screen and watch their reaction. They might hiss it fuss at first but they may still bond once they get used to each other.

Congrats on your new baby! Glad he is doing well. I'll cross my fingers for ya on intros. Worse case you'll just have 2 seperate boys that you'll love!

Latest posts

Back