New job!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tiatrack

I'm so excited I just have to share! I've been working my same job for 6 years now in Social Science Program Evaluation (mostly education), and while I like it and work with some amazing people, I'm ready for a change. I was offered a job today at Kaiser Permanente's Center for Health Research. Icing in the cake is they are offering me $18,000 more than I make now!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited, but dreading the conversation I have to have with my boss before I leave work today.

Congratulations! That's awesome! Good to see somebody is doing well job wise during this crappy econimic crisis.

Congratulations! That's awesome! Good to see somebody is doing well job wise during this crappy econimic crisis.

I know! I've actually been really lucky with 2 job offers and 4 high-quality interviews in the past 2 months. My field is pretty specialized though, which I think really helps me. This is really great timing though because we just bought our first house together last month, and my husband's hours have been getting cut each week (he's a nurse) because the hospital is hurting from the economy. We were feeling worried about money with him losing hours, but my pay increase will make us just fine. Insert sigh of relief!

Latest posts

Back