New Hedgie Momma and Poppa :D

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi everyone :)

My husband and I got our female 6 month old salt and pepper pinto about a week ago. Her name is Chi. It took a few days, but she is finally eating and drinking regularly. I've started counting her kibbles to keep up on her progress.

I dont have a cage for her, but we keep her in a large rubbermaid container. she gets to sleep in a heating blanket and there is a little shoe box in there for her litter and food. Our house is really drafty, so we try to keep her warm whenever possible. I am currently making a sort of a carrying purse/pouch for her with a plastic liner so that it is wind and water proof. I also ordered a SnuggleSafe heating disk so that we can put it in her cage or her pouch and know that she is warm without finicking with cords.

We love her so much. Its not the right time for children, and we can't have larger pets in this rental house, so we figured a small pet like her would be suitable. Also, hedgehogs seem to have more personality than a guinea pig or a hamster. She makes life interesting :D We got her from a girl who could not afford or have the time to care for her (she had horses and dogs to care for) who got her from an uncertified breeder. A bit sketchy, but Chi seems to be very normal, so I am not too worried. She still kinda hates us, but I see progress in her attitude.

Wondering if anyone has tried Bach's Rescue Remedy on their hedgies. I just ordered some. Info here: http://www.bachflower.com/Pets.htm

Hi and welcome to the forum! I don't have a hedgie and always love seeing pics of other's. So please share a pic of Chi :)

Hi there! I just joined recently. I have several chins and I can't wait to see a pic of Chi too! Btw, my nickname is Chi.. how cool is that? =]

Hello and welcome to the forum. I don't have hedgies but I love looking at pics of them :)).

Haha wow. I didn't realize so many people replied! :D Yays! Hey, I am wondering what happened to the Hedgehog side of this forum. There is only like 4 regular posting hedgie members :p

Back