new hair color and cut!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kimbt622

Crazy Chin Lady!
So my hair was at my longest it's ever been about three days ago and I was getting really sick of it. Especially with the hot weather coming, I knew that I needed to cut off a couple inches.

62522308.png

best picture i can find of my hair before. it was a bit longer than this but it's wavy so it shortened it a bit. you can also see how dark it was.

And so came the cut...6 inches off! :wacko: Not exactly what I expected but it came out pretty nice.
15517768.png

And then came the color. I like my natural color but I thought I'd try something different to see if I liked it. I was soo nervous, I thought it'd come out purple! It only cost us ten dollars though and I like it!
67780132.png

so there we have it. I'm still getting used to it but what does everyone think? Any suggestions for next time? I kinda like this idea of totally changing my look :dance3:

You look very nice with your new cut. Much more complementary to your face.

Thanks so much girls! I was afraid shorter hair would look weird since I have a pretty round face but I think the length turned out to work well :)

I love it - I have been coloring my hair for 30 years. Every so often I change the color. I have been everything from my natural color (dark brown) to black, red and now for several years blonde. It is fun and it covers all my gray.

I love it - I have been coloring my hair for 30 years. Every so often I change the color. I have been everything from my natural color (dark brown) to black, red and now for several years blonde. It is fun and it covers all my gray.

it really is fun! even though it's my first time I can see myself doing it often, its nice to see how all different colors look.

Very cute! I got about 5 inches chopped off of mine and dyed a REAL dark brown last summer. My hair has always been long past my shoulders and dark blonde, so it was a big change. The color has since worn out and my hair is all grown and sandy blonde again...but it's always nice to do something different!

Very cute! I got about 5 inches chopped off of mine and dyed a REAL dark brown last summer. My hair has always been long past my shoulders and dark blonde, so it was a big change. The color has since worn out and my hair is all grown and sandy blonde again...but it's always nice to do something different!

Thanks Stack :) Yeah this dye is a demi so it will only last a couple months and i'll be back to my natural, but like you said it is always nice to have a change! Maybe i'll do it blonde next time ;) ahah

To get it to be blonde on the first try from dark to blonde you have to 'strip it'. I didn't want to do that so I just used the blonde dye each time I did it. Each time the shade would be lighter and lighter - it probably took me almost a year. Now I have no trouble getting the blonde color and I didn't have to use any more harsh chemicals other than the dye itself.

To get it to be blonde on the first try from dark to blonde you have to 'strip it'. I didn't want to do that so I just used the blonde dye each time I did it. Each time the shade would be lighter and lighter - it probably took me almost a year. Now I have no trouble getting the blonde color and I didn't have to use any more harsh chemicals other than the dye itself.

I'll keep that in mind Barb! I wonder how I'd look as a blonde :hmmm:

Latest posts

Back